Saturday, August 22, 2009

Busy steampunking!

I have been toiling away in my shop, but I have a lot to show for it. In addition to getting my robots ready for Dragoncon Robot Battles, I have been building more steampunk artifacts. Here is my Steampunk Spinning Photon Array Pistol. I am pleased with the pewter look I was able to get with silver Rub 'n Buff.


I also finished my Radium Gripper and show it off in this video below. It required lots of detail work and reminded me I need some stronger glasses...



I made my first pair of goggles as you can see below. I used leather from an old jacket, some plumbing fittings (1 1/2" slip joint nuts), and some amber acrylic that I ordered from McMaster Carr. I made them as decorations for my hat, but they work well as goggles.




The family is really looking forward to Dragoncon!

Create!
enganear

No comments:

Post a Comment